Yes, that's right, today is the FIRST COUPEVILLE MARKET!
And the intrepid crew at Willowood Farm braved the insane sideways rain and 40 mph gusts yesterday to pick for it. So I'm going to get right down to the nitty-gritty:
Coming TODAY to the Coupeville Farmer's Market:
- Radishes! The best radishes I've ever grown. Sweet, mild, crunchy. Two kinds!
- Pea Vines. This fabulous hardy green has been sustaining us this winter. Eat them raw, eat them braised. We will bring recipes!
- Green Garlic. Immature plants of garlic. Think green onions ONLY GARLICKY! Yum...
- Mesclun mix. Cold-weather mesclun is the best. Need I say more?
- Braising Greens mix. A mix of kales, beet greens and other hardy greens perfect for braising and stir-fying.
- Arugula! Arugula! Arugula!
- Peregion Beans in 1 lb bags and yes, a few very precious bags of the infamous Rockwell Beans...
And from our good friends Wilbur and Julieanna Purdue of Prairie Bottom Farm:
- Beet bunches
- Spinach - two kinds!
- Green onions
So we hope to see you at the Coupeville Market today. For those of you who have never been there, the Coupeville Market is located in the grassy field right behind the new library, hours 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. You can't miss our booth - we are the one with the tractor and the brightly painted wagon.
Lots more to come on the farm soon, we have been EXTRA busy this past winter working on so many projects may head has been reeling. We hope it will all pay off this year in EVEN MORE beautiful, delicious produce for sale!
For now, however, this farmer is off to finish our last-minute market picking! See you there!
Willowood Farm of Ebey's Prairie
P.S. For any of you interested, we have a new farm facebook site with lots of day-to-day updates on the farm plus I post all sorts of links to local and otherwise important food and farming news...There is a link to "fan" the farm page on the side of this blog.